Development Advisory Board
Our community officially began a development program in 2004 when Sister Cabrini Schmitz, prioress, appointed Sister Elise Forst to be development director.
What is development? We see it as inviting those who care about us to join us in what we are about and to be a part of our future. We also want to spread the word of who we are and what we are doing.
Even though we didn’t use the term development in earlier years, we’ve always been doing development. Throughout our history we have enjoyed the support of many friends, and in recent years have benefited from our faithful Oblates and Alumnae. We are now broadening and deepening those connections.
There are many ways you can support and help us here at St. Scholastica, including::
- Pray for us as we move into the unknown future
- Volunteer your help in areas of need
- Participate in retreats at the Retreat Center and Hesychia House of Prayer
- Make a financial gift to help support our monastery by a check payable to:
St. Scholastica Monastery
P.O. Box 3489,
Fort Smith, AR 72913
- by electronic fund transfer (contact our business office: ravi 'at' stscho.org)
- through online payment
- contribute long-term, appreciated stock, bonds, or mutual funds (Contact our business office: 479-783-4147 or e-mail ravi 'at' stscho.org.)
- remember St. Scholastica Monastery in your will
- make arrangements for planned giving options (Consult your financial advisor, accountant, or attorney regarding the option that best meets your philanthropic and financial goals.)
For us, the most important part of development is gratitude. Every day we ask God’s blessings on all those who show their love and support in countless ways. We invite you to be a part of our life and service.
2010-2011 Development Advisory Board:
Standing: Father David McKillin, Theresa Cronan, Ravi Thiagarajan, Chief Financial Officer; Maryanne Meyerriecks, Communications Director; Debbie Bentley; Sister Elise Forst, Development Director
Seated: Tami Danielak, Sister Audrey Becker, Secretary/Treasurer; Sister Maria DeAngeli, Prioress; Kaye Bernard; Bob Meyers; Becky Meyers.
Absent: Dorothy Caldarera, Tom Caldarera, Paul Cronan