SISTER CONCETTA MAZZANTI
Sr. Concetta made her religious profession on June 24, 1938. She was assigned to St. Joseph’s Orphanage in North Little Rock from 1938-1962, where she was house mother for the young boys. She then returned to Ft. Smith, serving as manager of the Academy Girls’ Dining Room till 1966. Sr. Concetta again served St. Joseph’s from 1970-97. In addition, in the early 70’s she helped establish and became Director of the Westside Clinic, which served the poor, in Little Rock.
She is survived by four sisters, Dell Mazzanti of Lake Village, Margaret Agussi of Cleveland, MS, Lena Mazzanti of Little Rock, and Catherine DiStrito of Goulds, FL; and four brothers, Joe Mazzanti of Lake Village, Edwin Mazzanti of Virginia Beach, VA, John Mazzanti of Norfolk, VA, and Pete Mazzanti of Laurel, MS; and by her sisters in community.